A quality new garden furniture set is a significant investment into your home and garden that you will enjoy for many, many years to come. It’s important to ensure you look after your garden furniture to get the very most out of it for years down the line.
Quality garden furniture sets are built to last, so you’ll be glad to hear that they require very little maintenance. However, there are a few things you should know about to ensure you keep your furniture set looking brand new…
Below are some quick tips for caring for your garden furniture; these apply to all types of furniture sets!
- Wipe up any spills quickly: accidents happen, if any food or drink spills onto your furniture set, we’d recommend wiping it up quickly to keep things hygienic when you’re using your furniture set for eating, drinking and socialising.
- Protect your furniture with a quality cover whilst it’s not in use: whilst most furniture sets can withstand the UK weather, it’s always a good idea to keep your set extra protected with a cover. We’d recommend using your cover if you know you’re not going to be using it for a long period of time. Not only does it protect your furniture set from the elements but it also keeps bird droppings off your furniture.
- Wipe down your table each time you come to use it: simply use some warm soapy water or some glass cleaner spray and a damp cloth. This ensures any dust and dirt is wiped away before you relax and eat/drink at your table.
How to Look After Rattan or Aluminium Garden Furniture
One of the many benefits of both rattan and aluminium garden furniture is that they’re really low maintenance! They don’t require much attention and a quality furniture set will last for many, many years to come. Aside from the points above, here’s what you need to know about caring for your rattan or aluminium furniture set:
- When cleaning your furniture set, use either a brush or a hand held hoover to get all of the dust, dirt and cobwebs off your furniture.
- Next, get a bowl of warm soapy water and a sponge and simply wipe down your furniture set.
- Once you’ve wiped down your set with warm soapy water, rinse your sponge with cold water and use it to remove the excess soap from your set.
- Then simply leave your set to dry naturally before using it.
Make sure you don’t use a pressure or jet washer as this could cause damage to your furniture set.
How to Look After your Garden Furniture Cushions
Most garden furniture covers are made from a water resistant fabric, however, they’re not designed to withstand a big downpour. Here are the main things you need to know to ensure you can properly care for your garden furniture cushions:
- Store your cushions away when they’re not in use: we’d always recommend keeping your cushions in a dry place when you’re not using them to prevent any damage occurring. We’ve got a wide range of storage options, check out our range here.
- If you need to clean your cushion covers, do so in warm soapy water to avoid damage that may occur in the washing machine. If the inside of your cushions gets wet, remove the cover and leave it out to dry.
- If you spill any food or drink on your cushion, blot the area initially with an absorbent cloth before gently scrubbing with a warm soapy cloth until the stain lifts. Then leave your cushion out to dry.
So there you have it, everything you need to know about caring for your garden furniture set. As always, our team are on hand to help, so if you do have any further questions you can either visit us in store or get in touch here.